PROTECTION FROM ACCIDENTAL ERASURE
• This function is available in CARD Video/Photo Play mode. page 26
• You can protect important images from accidental erasure.
• If you execute formatting, all files including protected files will be erased.
1. Slide the POWER switch downwards to turn on the power.
• Set the Storage mode switch to CARD. page 38
2. Press the MODE button to set the Play (
3. Choose the desired play mode.
• Press the MENU button. Use the Joystick to select “Play Mode” “Video” or
“Photo,” and then press the Joystick.
Setting the Play Mode menu is available in thumbnail view only.
• The selected thumbnail index view appears.
4. Use the Joystick to select the image to protect, press the MENU button.
5. Move the Joystick right or left to select “Protect.”
6. Move the Joystick up or down to select the desired option (“Select Files,” “All On,”
“All Off”), and then press the Joystick.
• “Select Files”: Protects the individual image.
- To protect the individual image, use the Joystick to select the image to protect.
The ( ) indicator is displayed on the selected images.
Pressing the Joystick toggles between the thumbnail image being selected
for protection (the ( ) indicator appears on image) or not (the ( ) indicator is
removed from image). Press the MENU button, then go to step 7.
• “All On”: Protects all images.
• “All Off”: Cancels protection for all protected images.
7. The message according to the selected option will appear. Move the Joystick right or
left to select “Yes,” the press the Joystick.
• After completion, the selected images will be protected.
• This function operates identically in the full image display mode (single image displayed on the screen).
(Photo images only)
• Protected images will show the ( ) indicator when they are displayed.
• If the write-protection tab on the memory card is set to lock, you cannot set image protection. page 61
card mode: file management
Protect selected files?