maintenance & additional information
Cleaning and handling the Disc
• Take care not to touch the recording side (the rainbow-
colored side) of the disc with your fingers. Discs
contaminated by fingerprints or foreign substances may not
• Use a soft cloth to clean the disc.
• Clean lightly from the center of a disc to the outside edge.
Circling or cleaning too hard may create scratches on the
disc and further cause the disc to play abnormally.
• Do not use benzene, thinner, detergent, alcohol or anti-static spray when cleaning the disc. It may cause a malfunction.
• Press the supporting holder in the center of the disc case for easy removal of the disc.
• Handle discs by the edges and the center hole to avoid fingerprints on the recording side.
• Do not bend or apply heat to the disc.
• Always store discs vertically in their plastic cases when not in use.
• Store discs away from direct sunlight, heating elements, moisture or dust.
• Be sure to follow the guidelines below to prevent corruption or damage to your recorded data.
- Do not bend or drop the storage media, or subject it to strong pressure, jolts or vibrations.
- Do not splash the storage media with water.
- Do not use, replace, or store the storage media in locations that are exposed to strong static electricity or electrical
- Do not turn off the camcorder power or remove the battery or AC power adaptor during recording, playback, or when
otherwise accessing the storage media.
- Do not bring the storage media near objects that have a strong magnetic field or that emit strong electromagnetic
- Do not store the storage media in locations with high temperature or high humidity.
- Do not touch the metal parts.
• Copy the recorded files to your computer. Samsung shall not be responsible for any lost data.
• A malfunction may cause the storage media to fail to operate properly. Samsung will not provide any
compensation for any lost contents.
• Refer to pages 38-40, 61-62 for details.