• Take care to avoid the radiator cooling fan when-
ever the hood is raised. It can start anytime the
ignition switch is ON. You can be injured by
moving fan blades.
• Remove any metal jewelry such as rings, watch
bands and bracelets that could make an inadvertent
electrical contact. You could be seriously injured.
• Batteries contain sulfuric acid that can burn your
skin or eyes and generate hydrogen gas which is
flammable and explosive. Keep open flames or
sparks away from the battery.
1. Set the parking brake, shift into PARK (automatic
transmission) or 1st gear (manual transmission) and
place the ignition to LOCK.
2. Turn off the heater, radio, and all unnecessary electri-
3. If using another vehicle to jump-start the battery, park
the vehicle within the jumper cables reach, set the
parking brake and make sure the ignition is OFF.
Do not allow vehicles to touch each other as this
could establish a ground connection and personal
injury could result.
Failure to follow this jump-starting procedure could
result in personal injury or property damage due to
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES