Voice Texting (8.4A/8.4AN)
1. To send a message, push the Phone button
the beep, say the following command: “Send mes-
to John Smith.”
2. Listen to the prompt. After the beep, dictate the
message you would like to send. Wait for Uconnect®
to process your message.
3. The Uconnect® system will repeat your message and
provide a variety of options to add to, delete, send or
hear the message again. After the beep, tell Uconnect®
what you’d like to do. For instance, if you’re happy
with your message, after the beep, say: “Send.”
You must be registered with Uconnect® Access and have
a compatible MAP – enabled smartphone to use your
voice to send a personalized text message.
• Not compatible with iPhone®.
• Messages are limited to 140 characters.
• The Messaging button on the touchscreen must be
illuminated to use the feature.
Once registered with Uconnect® Access, you can use
your voice to search for the most popular places or things
1. Press the VR button
. After the beep, say:
2. Once the YELP® home screen appears on the touch-
screen, press the VR button
, then say: “YELP
UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL