• RKE PANIC button not pushed
• System not disabled from previous remote start event
• Vehicle security alarm not active
• Ignition in Off position (Keyless Enter-N-Go™)
• Do not start or run an engine in a closed garage or
confined area. Exhaust gas contains Carbon Mon-
oxide (CO) which is odorless and colorless. Carbon
Monoxide is poisonous and can cause serious in-
jury or death when inhaled.
• Keep Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters
away from children. Operation of the Remote Start
System, windows, door locks or other controls
could cause serious injury or death.
To Enter Remote Start Mode
Push and release the REMOTE START button
on the RKE transmitter twice within five sec-
onds. The vehicle doors will lock, the parking
lights will flash, and horn will chirp twice (if
programmed). Then, the engine will start and the vehicle
will remain in the Remote Start mode for a 15-minute
• If an engine fault is present, the vehicle will start and
then shut down 10 seconds later.
• The park lamps will turn on and remain on during
Remote Start mode.
• For security, power window and power sunroof op-
eration (if equipped) are disabled when the vehicle is
in the Remote Start mode.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE