To minimize the possibility of catalytic converter dam-
• Do not shut off the engine or interrupt the ignition,
when the transmission is in gear and the vehicle is in
• Do not try to start the engine by pushing or towing the
• Do not idle the engine with any spark plug wires
disconnected or removed, such as when diagnostic
testing, or for prolonged periods during very rough
idle or malfunctioning operating conditions.
Your vehicle is equipped with a maintenance-free battery.
You will never have to add water, nor is periodic main-
• Battery fluid is a corrosive acid solution and can
burn or even blind you. Do not allow battery fluid
to contact your eyes, skin, or clothing. Do not lean
over a battery when attaching clamps. If acid
splashes in eyes or on skin, flush the area imme-
diately with large amounts of water. Refer to
“Jump-Starting Procedures” in “What To Do In
Emergencies” for further information.
• Battery gas is flammable and explosive. Keep
flame or sparks away from the battery. Do not use
a booster battery or any other booster source with
an output greater than 12 Volts. Do not allow cable
clamps to touch each other.
• Battery posts, terminals, and related accessories
contain lead and lead compounds. Wash hands
MAINTAINING YOUR VEHICLE