(62°C). Be sure to remove any buildup of snow or ice
from the liftgate before pressing any of the power
• If the power liftgate encounters multiple obstructions
within the same cycle, the system will automatically
stop and must be opened or closed manually.
• Driving with the liftgate open can allow poisonous
exhaust gases into your vehicle. You and your
passengers could be injured by these fumes. Keep
the liftgate closed when you are operating the
• If you are required to drive with the liftgate open,
make sure that all windows are closed, and the
climate control blower switch is set at high speed.
Do not use the recirculation mode.
Gas props support the liftgate in the open position.
However, because the gas pressure drops with tempera-
ture, it may be necessary to assist the props when
opening the liftgate in cold weather.
Some of the most important safety features in your
vehicle are the restraint systems:
• Three-point lap and shoulder belts for all seating
• Advanced Front Air Bags for driver and front passen-
• Supplemental Active Head Restraints (AHR) located
on top of the front seats (integrated into the head
• Supplemental Driver Side Knee Air Bag
• Supplemental Seat-Mounted Side Air Bags (SAB)
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE