Preparations For Jacking
1. Park the vehicle on a firm, level surface. Avoid ice or
Do not attempt to change a tire on the side of the
vehicle close to moving traffic, pull far enough off
the road to avoid being hit when operating the jack
or changing the wheel.
2. Turn on the Hazard Warning flasher.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Place the shift lever into PARK.
5. Turn OFF the ignition.
6. Block both the front and rear of the wheel diagonally
opposite of the jacking position. For ex-
ample, if changing the right front tire,
block the left rear wheel.
Passengers should not remain in the
vehicle when the vehicle is being jacked.
Carefully follow these tire changing warnings to
help prevent personal injury or damage to your
• Always park on a firm, level surface as far from the
edge of the roadway as possible before raising the
• Turn on the Hazard Warning flasher.
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES