• Always drive with each tire inflated to the recom-
mended cold tire inflation pressure.
Improper inflation pressures can cause uneven wear
patterns to develop across the tire tread. These abnormal
wear patterns will reduce tread life resulting in a need for
earlier tire replacement. Under-inflation also increases
tire rolling resistance resulting in higher fuel consump-
Ride Comfort And Vehicle Stability
Proper tire inflation contributes to a comfortable ride.
Over-inflation produces a jarring and uncomfortable
ride. Both under-inflation and over-inflation affect the
stability of the vehicle and can produce a feeling of
sluggish response or over responsiveness in the steering.
• Unequal tire pressures from side to side may cause
erratic and unpredictable steering response.
• Unequal tire pressure from side to side may cause the
vehicle to drift left or right.
Tire Inflation Pressures
The proper cold tire inflation pressure is listed on the
driver’s side B-Pillar or rear edge of the driver’s side door.
At least once a month:
• Check and adjust tire pressure with a good quality
pocket-type pressure gauge. Do not make a visual
judgement when determining proper inflation. Tires
may look properly inflated even when they are under-
• Inspect tires for signs of tire wear or visible damage.
STARTING AND OPERATING