If you wish to turn on or off the HSA system, it can be
done using the Customer Programmable Features in the
Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC). Refer to
“Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)” in “Un-
derstanding Your Instrument Panel” for further informa-
For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the
You must complete Steps 1 through 8 within 90
1. Center the steering wheel (front wheels pointing
2. Shift the transmission into NEUTRAL.
3. Apply the parking brake.
4. Start the engine.
5. Release the clutch pedal (if equipped).
6. Rotate the steering wheel one-half turn to the left.
7. Press the “ESC Off” switch (located in the lower
switch bank below the climate controls) four times
within 20 seconds. The “ESC Activation/Malfunction
Indicator Light” should turn on and turn off two
8. Rotate the steering wheel back to center and then an
additional half-turn to the right.
9. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and then
back to the ON position. If the sequence was com-
pleted properly, the “ESC Activation/Malfunction In-
dicator Light” will blink several times to confirm HSA
10. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature
to it’s previous setting.
STARTING AND OPERATING