Keep magnetic materials away from the top of
the instrument panel, such as iPod’s, Mobile Phones,
Laptops and Radar Detectors. This is where the compass
module is located, and it can cause interference with the
compass sensor, and it may give false readings.
Compass Variance Map
1. Turn the ignition switch ON.
2. Press the UP or DOWN button until the Setup
(Customer-Programmable Features) menu is reached,
then press the SELECT button.
3. Press the DOWN button until the “Compass Variance”
message is displayed in the EVIC, then press the
SELECT button. The last variance zone number dis-
plays in the EVIC.
4. Press and release the SELECT button until the proper
variance zone is selected, according to the map.
5. Press and release the RETURN button to exit.
Customer-Programmable Features (System
Personal Settings allows you to set and recall features
when the transmission is in PARK. If the transmission is
out of PARK or the vehicle begins moving, a warning
UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL