• For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the
1. Perform this operation while standing outside the
2. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a programmed
RKE transmitter for at least 4 seconds, but no longer
than 10 seconds. Then, press and hold the LOCK
button while still holding the UNLOCK button.
3. Release both buttons at the same time.
4. Test the feature while outside of the vehicle by press-
ing the LOCK/UNLOCK buttons on the RKE trans-
mitter with the ignition switch in the OFF position and
the Key Fob removed.
5. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to
its previous setting.
Pressing the LOCK button on the RKE transmit-
ter while you are in the vehicle will activate the Vehicle
Security Alarm. Opening a door with the Vehicle Security
Alarm activated will cause the alarm to sound. Press the
UNLOCK button to deactivate the Vehicle Security
Programming Additional Transmitters
If you do not have a programmed RKE transmitter,
contact your authorized dealer for details.
Transmitter Battery Replacement
The recommended replacement battery is one CR2032
• Perchlorate Material — special handling may apply.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE