To Arm The System
Follow these steps to arm the Vehicle Security Alarm:
1. Remove the key from the ignition system (refer to
ЉStarting ProceduresЉ in ЉStarting And OperatingЉ for
• Make sure the vehicle ignition system is ЉOFFЉ and the
key is physically removed from the ignition.
2. Perform one of the following methods to lock the
• Press LOCK on the interior power door lock switch
with the driver and/or passenger door open.
• Press the LOCK button on the Remote Keyless Entry
3. If any doors are open, close them.
To Disarm The System
The Vehicle Security Alarm can be disarmed using any of
the following methods:
• Press the UNLOCK button on the Remote Keyless
Entry (RKE) transmitter.
• Cycle the vehicle ignition system out of the OFF
position. Insert a valid key into the ignition switch and
turn the key to the ON position.
• The driver’s door key cylinder and the liftgate button
on the RKE transmitter cannot arm or disarm the
Vehicle Security Alarm.
• The Vehicle Security Alarm remains armed during
power liftgate entry. Pressing the liftgate button will
not disarm the Vehicle Security Alarm. If someone
enters the vehicle through the liftgate and opens any
door the alarm will sound.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE