11. Stow the jack, tools and flat tire. Make sure the base
of the jack faces the front of the vehicle before
tightening down the fastener.
A loose tire or jack thrown forward in a collision or
hard stop could endanger the occupants of the ve-
hicle. Always stow the jack parts and the spare tire in
the places provided. Have the deflated (flat) tire
repaired or replaced immediately.
Road Tire Installation
1. Mount the road tire on the axle.
2. Install the remaining lug nuts with the cone shaped
end of the nut toward the wheel. Lightly tighten the
To avoid the risk of forcing the vehicle off the jack,
do not tighten the lug nuts fully until the vehicle has
been lowered. Failure to follow this warning may
result in personal injury.
3. Lower the vehicle to the ground by turning the jack
4. Refer to Torque Table for proper lug nut torque.
5. After 25 miles (40 km) check the lug nut torque with a
torque wrench to ensure that all lug nuts are properly
seated against the wheel.
If your vehicle has a discharged battery it can be jump-
started using a set of jumper cables and a battery in
another vehicle or by using a portable battery booster
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES