and filter as specified for “police, taxi, fleet, or frequent
trailer towing.” Refer to the “Maintenance Schedule” for the
proper maintenance intervals.
Electronic Speed Control — If Equipped
• Do not use in hilly terrain or with heavy loads.
• When using the speed control, if you experience speed
drops greater than 10 mph (16 km/h), disengage until
you can get back to cruising speed.
• Use speed control in flat terrain and with light loads to
maximize fuel efficiency.
• When using the AutoStick® shift control, select the
highest gear that allows for adequate performance and
avoids frequent downshifts. For example, choose “4” if
the desired speed can be maintained. Choose “3” or “2”
if needed to maintain the desired speed.
• To prevent excess heat generation, avoid continuous
driving at high RPM. Reduce vehicle speed as neces-
sary to avoid extended driving at high RPM. Return to
a higher gear or vehicle speed when grade and road
To reduce potential for engine and transmission over-
heating, take the following actions:
When stopped for short periods, shift the transmission
into NEUTRAL and increase engine idle speed.
Turn off temporarily.
STARTING AND OPERATING