• When replacing tires, refer to “Tires – General Infor-
mation” in “Starting And Operating” for the proper
tire replacement procedures. Replacing tires with a
higher load carrying capacity will not increase the
vehicle’s GVWR and GAWR limits.
Towing Requirements — Trailer Brakes
• Do not interconnect the hydraulic brake system or
vacuum system of your vehicle with that of the trailer.
This could cause inadequate braking and possible
• An electronically actuated trailer brake controller is
required when towing a trailer with electronically
actuated brakes. When towing a trailer equipped with
a hydraulic surge actuated brake system, an electronic
brake controller is not required.
• Trailer brakes are recommended for trailers over
1,000 lbs (454 kg) and required for trailers in excess of
2,000 lbs (907 kg).
• Do not connect trailer brakes to your vehicle’s
hydraulic brake lines. It can overload your brake
system and cause it to fail. You might not have
brakes when you need them and could have a
• Towing any trailer will increase your stopping
distance. When towing you should allow for addi-
tional space between your vehicle and the vehicle
in front of you. Failure to do so could result in a
STARTING AND OPERATING