In the event of a momentary problem, the transmission
can be reset to regain all forward gears by performing the
1. Stop the vehicle.
2. Shift the transmission into PARK.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
4. Wait approximately 10 seconds.
5. Restart the engine.
6. Shift into the desired gear range. If the problem is no
longer detected, the transmission will return to normal
Even if the transmission can be reset, we recom-
mend that you visit your authorized dealer at your
earliest possible convenience. Your authorized dealer has
diagnostic equipment to determine if the problem could
If the transmission cannot be reset, authorized dealer
service is required.
The automatic transmission includes an electronically
controlled Overdrive (fifth gear). The transmission will
automatically shift into Overdrive if the following con-
ditions are present:
• The shift lever is in the DRIVE position.
• Vehicle speed is sufficiently high.
• The driver is not heavily pressing the accelerator.
AutoStick® is a driver-interactive transmission feature
providing manual shift control, giving you more control
of the vehicle. AutoStick® allows you to maximize en-
gine braking, eliminate undesirable upshifts and down-
shifts, and improve overall vehicle performance. This
STARTING AND OPERATING