AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION — IF EQUIPPED
Damage to the transmission may occur if the follow-
ing precautions are not observed:
• Shift into PARK only after the vehicle has come to
a complete stop.
• Shift into or out of REVERSE only after the vehicle
has come to a complete stop and the engine is at
• Do not shift between PARK, REVERSE, NEU-
TRAL, or DRIVE when the engine is above idle
• Before shifting into any gear, make sure your foot
is firmly pressing the brake pedal.
You must press and hold the brake pedal while
shifting out of PARK.
• Unintended movement of a vehicle could injure
those in or near the vehicle. As with all vehicles,
you should never exit a vehicle while the engine is
running. Before exiting a vehicle, always apply the
parking brake, shift the transmission into PARK,
turn the engine OFF, and remove the key fob. When
the ignition is in the full OFF (key removal) posi-
tion, the transmission is locked in PARK, securing
the vehicle against unwanted movement.
STARTING AND OPERATING