• When not using the EVIC, perform the following steps:
1. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a pro-
grammed RKE transmitter for at least 4 seconds,
but no longer than 10 seconds. Then, press and hold
the LOCK button while still holding the UNLOCK
2. Release both buttons at the same time.
3. Test the feature while outside of the vehicle by
pressing the LOCK/UNLOCK buttons on the RKE
transmitter with the ignition switch in the OFF
position and the Key Fob removed.
4. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature
to its previous setting.
Pressing the LOCK button on the RKE transmit-
ter while you are in the vehicle will activate the Security
Alarm. Opening a door with the Security Alarm activated
will cause the alarm to sound. Press the UNLOCK button
to deactivate the Security Alarm.
Turn Headlights On With Remote Key Unlock
This feature activates the headlights for up to 90 seconds
when the doors are unlocked with the RKE transmitter.
The time for this feature is programmable. Refer to
“Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)/Personal
Settings (Customer-Programmable Features)” in “Under-
standing Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE