Operation Instructions — CD MODE For CD And
MP3 Audio Play
• The ignition switch must be in the ON/RUN or ACC
position to operate the radio.
• This radio is capable of playing compact discs (CD),
recordable compact discs (CD-R), rewritable compact
discs (CD-RW), compact discs with MP3 tracks and
multisession compact discs with CD and MP3 tracks.
Inserting Compact Disc(s)
Gently insert one CD into the CD player with the CD
label facing up. The CD will automatically be pulled into
the CD player and the CD icon will illuminate on the
radio display. If a CD does not go into the slot more than
1.0 in (2.5 cm), a disc may already be loaded and must be
ejected before a new disc can be loaded.
If you insert a disc with the ignition ON and the radio
ON, the unit will switch from radio to CD mode and
begin to play when you insert the disc. The display will
show the track number, and index time in minutes and
seconds. Play will begin at the start of track 1.
• This CD player will accept 4–3/4 in (12 cm) discs
only. The use of other sized discs may damage the
CD player mechanism.
• Do not use adhesive labels. These labels can peel
away and jam the player mechanism.
• The Uconnect® 130 is a single CD player. Do not
attempt to insert a second CD if one is already loaded.
• Dual-media disc types (one side is a DVD, the
other side is a CD) should not be used, and they can
cause damage to the player.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL