2. Place the hand - held transmitter 1 to 3 inches (3 to 8 cm)
away from the HomeLink® button you wish to pro-
3. Simultaneously press and hold both the Homelink®
button you want to program and the hand - held
4. Continue to hold buttons until the EVIC display
changes from “CHANNEL # TRAINING” to “CHAN-
NEL # TRAINED,” then release both buttons.
• It may take up to 30 seconds or longer in some cases
for the channel to train.
• If the EVIC displays “DID NOT TRAIN” repeat from
5. Press and hold the programmed HomeLink® button.
The EVIC will display “CHANNEL # TRANSMIT.” If
the garage door opener/device activates, program-
ming is complete.
To program the remaining two HomeLink® buttons,
repeat each step for each remaining button. DO NOT
erase the channels.
Reprogramming A Single HomeLink® Button
To reprogram a channel that has been previously trained,
follow these steps:
1. Cycle the ignition to the ON/RUN position.
2. Press and hold the desired HomeLink® button until
the indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. Do
not release the button.
3. Without releasing the button proceed with “Program-
ming A Non-Rolling Code” step 2 and follow all
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE