A/C Air Filter — If Equipped
Refer to the “Maintenance Schedule” for the proper
Do not remove the A/C air filter while the blower is
operating or personal injury may result.
The A/C Air Filter is located in the fresh air inlet behind
the glove box. Perform the following procedure to re-
place the filter:
1. Open the glove box and remove all contents.
2. Push in on the sides of the glove box and lower the
3. Disconnect the glove box door dampener from the slot on
the side of the box. This is done by grasping the damp-
ener connector (on the outside of the box) and the end of
the connector pin (on the inside of the box) with your
thumb and forefinger and pulling outward while lightly
lifting upward on the door with your other hand. Once
disconnected, the dampener will retract underneath the
instrument panel if you release it.
4. Pivot the glove box downward.
5. Disengage the two retaining tabs that secure the filter
cover to the HVAC housing and remove the cover.
MAINTAINING YOUR VEHICLE