3. Remove the rubber cupholder liner. Squeeze one side
of the liner’s center to expose its edge and facilitate
4. Turn the ignition to the ACC or ON/RUN position,
but do not start the engine.
5. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
6. Insert a screwdriver or similar tool into the access hole
(at the front of the cupholder) and push and hold the
override release lever forward.
7. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
8. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
9. Reinstall the cupholder liner.
TOWING A DISABLED VEHICLE
This section describes procedures for towing a disabled vehicle using a commercial wrecker service.
Wheels OFF the Ground
If transmission is operable:
• Transmission in NEUTRAL
• 25 mph (40 km/h) max speed
• 15 mi (24 km) max distance
Wheel Lift Or Dolly Tow
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES