Preparations For Jacking
1. Park the vehicle on a firm, level surface. Avoid ice or
Do not attempt to change a tire on the side of the
vehicle close to moving traffic, pull far enough off
the road to avoid the danger of being hit when
operating the jack or changing the wheel.
2. Turn on the Hazard Warning flashers.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Place the shift lever into PARK (automatic transmis-
sion) or REVERSE (manual transmission).
5. Turn OFF the ignition.
6. Block both the front and rear of the wheel diagonally
opposite the jacking position. For ex-
ample, if changing the right front tire,
block the left rear wheel.
Passengers should not remain in the vehicle
while the vehicle is being jacked.
Carefully follow these tire changing warnings to help
prevent personal injury or damage to your vehicle:
• Always park on a firm, level surface as far from the
edge of the roadway as possible before raising the
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES