“Tires – General Information” in “Starting and Oper-
ating” for proper tire inflation procedures.
• Check the trailer tires for proper tire inflation pres-
sures before trailer usage.
• Check for signs of tire wear or visible tire damage
before towing a trailer. Refer to “Tires – General
Information” in “Starting and Operating” for the
proper inspection procedure.
• When replacing tires, refer to “Tires – General Infor-
mation” in “Starting and Operating” for the proper tire
replacement procedures. Replacing tires with a higher
load carrying capacity will not increase the vehicle’s
GVWR and GAWR limits.
Towing Requirements — Trailer Brakes
• Do not interconnect the hydraulic brake system or
vacuum system of your vehicle with that of the trailer.
This could cause inadequate braking and possible
• An electronically actuated trailer brake controller is
required when towing a trailer with electronically
actuated brakes. When towing a trailer equipped with
a hydraulic surge actuated brake system, an electronic
brake controller is not required.
• Trailer brakes are recommended for trailers over
1,000 lbs (454 kg) and required for trailers in excess of
2,000 lbs (907 kg).
STARTING AND OPERATING