• When hauling cargo or towing a trailer, do not
overload your vehicle or trailer. Overloading can
cause a loss of control, poor performance, or dam-
age to brakes, axle, engine, transmission, steering,
suspension, chassis structure, or tires.
• Safety chains must always be used between your
vehicle and trailer. Always connect the chains to
the frame or hook retainers of the vehicle hitch.
Cross the chains under the trailer tongue and allow
enough slack for turning corners.
• Vehicles with trailers should not be parked on a
grade. When parking, apply the parking brake on
the tow vehicle. Put the tow vehicle automatic
transmission in PARK. Always, block or
the trailer wheels.
• GCWR must not be exceeded.
• Total weight must be distributed between the tow
vehicle and the trailer such that the following four
ratings are not exceeded:
1. Max loading as defined on the “Tire and Loading
4. Tongue weight rating for the trailer hitch uti-
Towing Requirements — Tires
• Do not attempt to tow a trailer while using a compact
• Proper tire inflation pressures are essential to the safe
and satisfactory operation of your vehicle. Refer to
STARTING AND OPERATING