5. The doors were not previously unlocked.
6. The vehicle speed is 0 mph (0 km/h).
Auto Unlock On Exit Programming
The Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature can be
enabled or disabled as follows:
• For vehicles equipped with the Electronic Vehicle
Information Center (EVIC), refer to “Electronic Vehicle
(Customer-Programmable Features)” in “Understand-
ing Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
• For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the
1. Close all doors and place the key in the ignition.
2. Cycle the ignition switch between LOCK and ON/
RUN and then back to LOCK four times, ending up in
the LOCK position.
3. Press the power door unlock switch to unlock the
4. A single chime will indicate the completion of the
5. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to
its previous setting.
Use the Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature
in accordance with local laws.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE