Changes or modifications not expressly ap-
proved by the party responsible for compliance could
void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
If your RKE transmitter fails to operate from a normal
distance, check for these two conditions:
1. Weak battery in the RKE transmitter. The expected life
of a battery is five years.
2. Closeness to a radio transmitter such as a radio station
tower, airport transmitter, military base, and some
mobile or CB radios.
REMOTE START SYSTEM — IF EQUIPPED
This system uses the Remote Keyless Entry
(RKE) transmitter to start the engine conve-
niently from outside the vehicle while still
maintaining security. The system has a range of
approximately 300 ft (91 m).
The vehicle must be equipped with an automatic
transmission to be equipped with Remote Start.
How To Use Remote Start
All of the following conditions must be met before the
engine will remote start:
• Shift lever in PARK
• Doors closed
• Hood closed
• Trunk closed
• Hazard switch off
• Brake switch inactive (brake pedal not pressed)
• Ignition key removed from ignition switch
• Battery at an acceptable charge level
• RKE PANIC button not pressed
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE