Remote Key Unlock, Driver Door/All Doors First
This feature lets you program the system to unlock either
the driver’s door or all doors on the first press of the
UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter. To change the
current setting, proceed as follows:
• For vehicles equipped with the Electronic Vehicle
Information Center (EVIC), refer to “Electronic Vehicle
(Customer-Programmable Features)” in “Understand-
ing Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
• For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the
1. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed
RKE transmitter for at least four seconds, but not
longer than 10 seconds. Then, press and hold the
UNLOCK button while still holding the LOCK button.
2. Release both buttons at the same time.
3. Test the feature while outside of the vehicle by press-
ing the LOCK/UNLOCK buttons on the RKE trans-
mitter with the ignition in the LOCK position and the
4. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to
its previous setting.
If there is no key in the ignition switch, pressing
the LOCK button on the RKE transmitter while you are
inside the vehicle will activate the Vehicle Security Alarm
system. Opening a door with the system activated will
cause the alarm to sound. Press the UNLOCK button to
deactivate the Vehicle Security Alarm system.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE