• Automatic download and update, if supported, begins
as soon as the Bluetooth® wireless phone connection is
made to the Uconnect® Phone, for example, after you
start the vehicle.
• A maximum of 1000 entries per phone will be down-
loaded and updated every time a phone is connected
to the Uconnect® Phone.
• Depending on the maximum number of entries down-
loaded, there may be a short delay before the latest
downloaded names can be used. Until then, if avail-
able, the previously downloaded phonebook is avail-
able for use.
• Only the phonebook of the currently connected mobile
phone is accessible.
• Either the mobile phone’s phonebook or the mobile
phone’s SIM card phonebook is downloaded.
• This downloaded phonebook cannot be edited or
deleted on the Uconnect® Phone. These can only be
edited on the mobile phone. The changes are trans-
ferred and updated to Uconnect® Phone on the next
Add Names To Your Uconnect® Phonebook
Adding names to the Uconnect® Phonebook is
recommended when the vehicle is not in motion.
• Press the
button to begin.
• After the “Ready” prompt and the following beep, say
“Phonebook New Entry.”
• When prompted, say the name of the new entry. Use of
long names helps the Voice Command and it is recom-
mended. For example, say “Robert Smith” or “Robert”
instead of “Bob.”
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE